at Children Of Promise, Nyc (cpnyc)
2-3 years minimum experience
64 MacDonough St, Brooklyn, NY 11216, USA
• Implement the CPNYC curriculum, helping school age children improve literacy competencies, values, and physical fitness in an activity based environment.
• Assist senior counselor with planning and creating innovative age appropriate activities.
• Develop lesson plans to conduct them on a daily basis; read, tell stories, lead songs and games.
• Ensure the health, safety, and wellbeing of children in the program by providing close supervision of all activities.
• Help maintain enrollment and daily attendance records
• Assist children with homework and guide students in their academic growth.
• Understand and communicate the philosophy and goals of the CPNYC Program to the students and families.
• Assure accurate distribution and accounting of snacks.
• Actively participate in all training sessions, designated meetings, and special events.
• A minimum of 15 hours of staff training during the school year is required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Ability to teach, motivate, and influence children in a team environment.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proficient computer skills including a strong knowledge of Microsoft Suite.
• Enjoys organizing academic enrichment activities.
• Extremely reliable and patient.
• Comfortable working with a diverse population within a non-profit environment.