at New York Edge
2-3 years minimum experience
58-12 Queens Blvd, Woodside, NY 11377, USA
MUST APPLY AT THE LINK BELOW IF INTERESTED IN WORKING WITH US!
The Billing Coordinator will be responsible for all aspects of reporting on budgets and awards for government grants and contracts held by New York Edge, thus ensuring compliance with funding source, administrative guidelines, timely receipt of revenue and accurate submission of financial reports.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assist in preparation of Monthly Program Expense Report Statement.
• Evaluate and analyze monthly program expenses.
• Provide support and assist the Director of Contract Budget Reporting in compliance fiscal program requirements.
• Monitor budget activity to ensure expenses complies with contract requirements.
• Reconcile program expenses and recommend corrections to charges as needed to Financial Analyst Team and Program Managers.
• Coordinate with Program Department and Accounting & Finance Department on resolution of discrepancies as they relate to budget reporting.
• Proactively manage and track expenses on budgets including changes to personnel and projections.
• Perform other reporting duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
• Strong background in accounting is essential; public sector billing experience preferred;
• Knowledge of general accounting and fiscal management principles
• Experience working with cross-functional and inter-department teams.
• Demonstrate oral and written communication skills
• High Degree of proficiency in Excel.
• Demonstrate exceptional attention to detail as well as the ability to work under pressure
• Demonstrate problem solving and analytical skills
• Accounting software experience
• An Associate Degree in Accounting, Economics or Business or completion of 60 semester credits and 2+ years billing experience
At time of offer an