at Unique People Services Inc
No experience required
4234 Vireo Ave, Bronx, NY 10470, USA
Position: Direct Support Professional I - DD
Job locations: Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens
Full/Part time: Hours - Varied
Reports to: Residence Manager
Provide basic Residential Habilitative training to individuals with Developmental
Disabilities in their Individual Residential Alternative (group home).
• Provide basic training in Activities for Daily Living including toileting, bathing and eating skills.
• Ensures a safe training environment.
• Make suggestions for further training.
• Ensures all aspects of the individual’s developmental needs are addressed including behavior
management, communication, nutritional well-being, medical care and socialization.
• Provides an environment conducive to learning new skills.
• Ensure the cleanliness of the residence and program areas as they are used throughout the day.
• Prepare, along with engaging individuals in the preparation of meals, serving and clean up after
• Encourages positive interactions with housemates, staff and neighbors.
• Encourages community integration through activities conducive to learning that can be reinforced
through participation in neighborhood activities.
• Take individuals to various recreational and community inclusive activities throughout the day.
• Advocates for holistic care for individuals to include requests for clinical services as needed.
• Administers and documents medication administration as per AMAP training and Doctor’s orders.
• Notifies site nurse/management of any changes in medication, consumer condition or health.
• Handle emergencies as they occur and notify appropriate supervisor/management and staff.
• Reports all consumer injuries, incidents, concerns and events to management immediately.
• Intervenes when needed to protect individuals.
• In absence of Program Director, uses Agency/Program protocol to notify next appropriate
• Document all activities and information in the daily log.
• Provide documentation of observ