at Brooklyn Community Services
1-2 years minimum experience
400 Liberty Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11207, USA
• Maintain a caseload of up to 15 youth.
• Document all case activity, including outreach, consent development and assessment, plan development, client progress
and transition arrangements.
• Administer CANS-NY, updating periodically.
• Develop a comprehensive, family-driven youth-guided Plan of Health Care.
• Inventory and coordinate existing services relevant to the Plan of Care, identifying and securing additional services as
• Convene and conduct meetings to review progress, update POCs, and confirm continuing client eligibility.
• Provide education to family and child concerning the nature and desired effect of services, along with information
concerning conditions being treated.
• Assist families and children in the acquisition and maintenance of public benefits e.g., financial, educational, social, and
• Provide Health Home services for children with medium or high acuity needs, including at least two services per month,
with at least one of those conducted face to face.
• Assure responsible transition of client service into and out of Health Home care, between child and adult health homes,
and between inpatient and community care as appropriate.
• Participate in mandatory and optional training, including but not confined to: CANS-NY administration, family-driven
youth-guided, trauma-informed care; IT, and meeting management.
• Participate in supervision and monthly team meetings.
• Other duties as may be required.
• BA with 2 years relevant experience, OR RN with 2 years relevant experience, OR MA with 1 year experience
• Spanish/English bilingual a plus.
• Related experience required including outreach experience preferred.
• Relevant experience in serving children and families in child welfare, developmental disabilities, behavioral health,
primary health care, or social services.
• Experience coordinating and participating in team settings.
• Solid writing and verbal communication.
• Work effective