at The Garden City Hotel
1-2 years minimum experience
Part Time - Full Time
45 7th St, Garden City, NY 11530, USA
We currently have a career opportunity available for an experienced Fine Dining Restaurant Server.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Anticipate guests\ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day. Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
• Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
• Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, room capacity, hours of operation, proper table set-up and dress code of the restaurant.
• Maintain complete knowledge of all liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections, correct glassware and garnishes in the restaurant.
• Maintain knowledge of the particular characteristics and description of every wine/champagne by the glass and major wines on the wine list.
• Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, prices, preparation method/time, major ingredients and quality standards of taste, appearance, texture, serving temperature, portion size, garnish and method of presentation.
• Maintain complete knowledge of P.O.S. and manual systems.
• Complete opening and closing side duties as assigned.
• Review reserved tables and names of such; follow up on special arrangements for pre-assigned tables.
• Review daily specials and maintain awareness of 86\d items throughout the shift.
• Input order into system and ensure transmission of food orders is verified by Kitchen when assigned to do so.
• Make all varieties of coffee in accordance with the departmental standards.
• Guide the activities of the assigned Bus Person to ensure optimum service to guests.
• Adhere to payment, cash handling and credit policies/procedures.
• Extend appreciation for guests\ patronage and invite them back.
• Collect and report tips at the end of the assigned shift.
• Complete all closing reports as assigned and leave duty after reporting to supervisor.
• Prior experience as a Fine Dining Server is required.
• This is a f