at Randstad USA
No experience required
NY-454, Islandia, NY, USA
Exciting opportunity to join a thriving company known for high quality work and exceptional customer service and value. Our success is based on our enthusiastic, knowledgeable people whose efforts are recognized and make an impact in a dynamic industry.- Many of our successful long-term associates started in entry level positions. As a warehouse clerk, you must be responsible, dependable and able to provide general facility support functions, including loading and unloading trailers. You must have excellent listening skills and the ability to work independently and with a team. Apply today for the start of your successful future!
As a Warehouse Laborer you will be responsible for working within the framework of a team and performing the following activities:
- Performing general warehouse processes including the picking, packaging and shipping customer orders
- Loading/unloading trucks
- Basic knowledge of computers and data entry
- Ability to work with, maintain and handle packaging machines
- Physical ability to work standing all day while moving about entire warehouse.
- Maintain warehouse housekeeping
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Stands, bends, stoops, squats, reaches, twists, and otherwise moves continuously
- Frequently walks throughout the workday
- Work in a safe, efficient manner, adhering to company safety policies
- Frequently reaches above shoulder level to lift or otherwise move objects that weigh 30 - 50 pounds and occasionally more when unloading and sorting pallet products
- Pushes and pulls frequently
- Functions and operates comfortably in a very active fast-paced environment
- Withstands loud noise and distractions
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, able to work in a fast-paced environment, be detail-oriented and able to work independently.