at III Career
3+ years minimum experience
Manhattan, New York, NY, USA
Japanese Accounting firm seeks a Sr. TAX associate.
- Review federal, state, and local corporate tax returns (including extensions and quarterly estimated taxes), prepared by tax staff.
- Review personal property tax returns prepared by tax staff.
- Prepare individual tax returns.
- Be a primary contact person for clients.
- Manage tax staffs by creating team spirits.
- Prepare/review tax provision calculation.
- Perform tax research, as needed basis.
- Develop work procedures and workpapers for preparing tax returns/provision.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes tax and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Attend occasional recruiting events, if any.
Qualifications: – Three to Five year experience in corporate income tax compliance, tax accounting, and tax consulting – BA/BS degree from an accredited college/university and eligible to sit for the CPA exam – Demonstrate leadership, problem solving, and solid oral and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills – Strong technical skills in tax compliance and tax research – Manage, develop and mentor staff, assisting with professional growth and development of staff – Ability to read/write/communicate in Japanese is preferred